OrbusVR / Equipment 101
As you play through OrbusVR, you will obtain equipment from a variety of sources (e.g. killing mobs, completing quests, or finishing dungeons).
When you obtain equipment, it will always be the correct type for your class.
Class Equipment Types
|Plate||Paladin and Warrior|
|Leather||Ranger, Scoundrel, and Musketeer|
|Cloth||Bard, Runemage, and Shaman|
When you switch weapons, your character switches class to match the weapon. If your current class does not match the Equipment Type of your equipped gear, then the gear will not bestow any benefits (armor, stats, affixes, etc). To other players you will apear to have no gear equiped.
Be sure to change your equipment to an appropriate <loadout> that matches your new class!
All equipment bestows some beneficial effect when worn. Weapons increase damage while Armor increases your defenses.
- Vitality: blue armor (rare) will have a vitality stat which increases your <hit points>.
- Defense: purple armor (epic) will have a defense stat which increases your ability to mitigate incoming damage.
- Strength: Increases your physical damage attacks. These are non-ability attacks such as basic sword swings, basic arrows, basic Musketeer bullets, etc. Each point of Strength adds .03% damage.
- Intellect: Increases your magical damage attacks. These are all Runemage spells, Warrior combos, Musketeer orb effects, and Ranger ability arrow effects. Each point of Intellect adds .03% damage.
- Wisdom: Increases the rate at which your Super ability recharges.
- Luck: Increases your chance to get loot, and increases your chance to catch fish.
Each equipment will have one of the following modifiers
- XP Gain: 1% XP increase to all experience gained
- Crit Chance: 1 or 2% critical strike increase.
- Crit Damage: 1 or 2% critical hit damage increase.
- Incoming Critical Damage: Reduces critical hit damage received by 1 or 2%.
- Incoming Critical Chance: Reduces the chance to receive a critical hit by 1 or 2%.
When you earn equipment from dungeons, it will have a +number after the item level. This number increases the stats as though the item were that many item levels higher. The +number is determined by the difficulty of the dungeon or raid.
- Normal dungeons drop +1 items
- Dungeon Shards +1 through +5 items as follows
|Shard Difficluty||Item level|
- Normal Guild City Raids drop +2 items
- Normal Citadel Raids drop +4 items
- Hard Mode Guild City Raid drop +5 items
- Hard Mode Citadel Raids drop +6/+7 items
|Raid Type||Armour +||Weapon +||Legendrary Weapon +|
|Normal Guild City||+2||+2|
|Hard Mode Guild City||+5||+5|
|Hard Mode Citadel||+6||+6||+7|