OrbusVR / Equipment 101
As you play through OrbusVR, you will obtain equipment from a variety of sources (e.g. killing mobs, completing quests, finishing dungeons, or killing raid bosses).
When you obtain equipment, it will always be the correct type for the class you are wearing (at the time of completion).
Class Equipment Types
|Plate||Paladin and Warrior|
|Leather||Ranger, Scoundrel, and Musketeer|
|Cloth||Bard, Runemage, and Shaman|
If your current class does not match the Equipment Type of your equipped gear, then the gear will not bestow any benefits (armor, stats, affixes, etc) and to other players you will apear to have no gear equiped.
Be sure to change your equipment to an appropriate <loadout> that matches your new class!
All equipment bestows some beneficial effect when worn. Weapons increase damage while Armor increases your defenses.
- Vitality: blue armor (rare) will have a vitality stat which increases your <hit points>.
- Defense: purple armor (epic) will have a defense stat which increases your ability to mitigate incoming damage.
- Strength: Increases your physical damage attacks. These are non-ability attacks such as basic sword swings, basic arrows, basic Musketeer bullets, etc. Each point of Strength adds .03% damage.
- Intellect: Increases your magical damage attacks. These are all Runemage spells, Warrior combos, Musketeer orb effects, and Ranger ability arrow effects. Each point of Intellect adds .03% damage.
- Wisdom: Increases the rate at which your Super ability recharges.
- Luck: Increases your chance to get loot, and increases your chance to catch fish.
Each equipment will have one of the following modifiers
- XP Gain: 1% XP increase to all experience gained.
- Crit Chance: 1% more of your hits will crit.
- Crit Damage: You critical strike attack do 2% more damage.
- Incoming Critical Damage: Reduces critical hit damage received by 1%.
When you earn equipment from dungeons or raids, it will have a +number after the item level. This number increases the stats as though the item were that many item levels higher. The +number is determined by the difficulty of the dungeon or raid.
Every shard you complete gives you a chance at a gear piece, additionally each day your character gets one guaranteed loot role for gear.
- The shard must say it is 100% complete to get the guaranteed roll or a chance at a gear drop.
|Shard Difficluty||Armour +||Weapon +||Legendary Weapon +|
Each week (for every unique raid boss you kill) your character gets only one guaranteed loot token to buy gear, and only one chance at a loot drop (no matter how many times you kill that boss afterwards).
|Raid Type||Armour +||Weapon +||Legendary Weapon +|
|Normal Guild City||+2||+2||None|
|Hard Mode Guild City||+5||+5||+0*/+5|
|Hard Mode Citadel||+6||+6||+7|
* The +0 legendary weapons are from the Hard Mode event chest.