Artificing allows players to add custom enchantments to their armor and weapons that add a boost to damage and healing (up to 30% and up to 15% respectively). The runic tilesets used for the enchantments need to be designed and carefully tuned to the individual player's playstyle.
How it Works[edit | hide | hide all]
→ Main Page: Artificing/Theory
Every enchantment specifies a sequence of actions the player has to do to trigger it, giving a short boost to damage and healing with strength and duration depending on how close together the individual runes were triggered and how many runes are in that sequence. The page on artificing theory goes into more detail on this.
A Runesight Potion can be used to see what runes are activated during combat. The runes triggered will appear above the player's head, and can be seen by other players or with a Raven's View camera.
Tilesets[edit | hide]
Tiles with artificing runes on it are the building blocks of tilesets.
The individual rune tiles are crafted with various ores at the cauldron in the player house, similar to potions.
Three to five rune tiles can be put together to create a tileset, which can be used to enchant a piece of armor or a weapon.
- You can't use the same rune twice in a tileset.
- Using the same tileset on multiple pieces of gear will still only give you one boost when triggering the tileset.
Creating and Applying Tilesets[edit | hide]
Rune tiles are put together into tilesets at the artificing station in the player's basement. To create a tileset, follow these steps:
- Craft the rune tiles you need for your tileset using alchemy. Note that you can't use the same rune twice in a tileset.
- Place the individual tiles in the chest near the artificing station. The tiles will appear on the right side of the table.
- Pick up the tiles and put them in the holder on the left side of the table. If you make a mistake, you can remove the tiles from the holder by pressing the "Cancel" button.
- After you placed at least three tiles, a "Finish" button will appear. Press it to create the tileset. It will appear in your inventory.
- To apply the newly-created tileset, select it in your inventory and then select one of your currently-equipped armor pieces or your weapon and confirm the prompt. If there already is a tileset on the piece of equipment, it will overwrite the old one.
Recommended Tilesets[edit | hide]
Looking for a tileset without all the time-consuming design process? We got a few different tried-and-tested tilesets for every class:
Designing Tilesets[edit | hide]
Want to design your own tileset? That is awesome! To get you started, below is some reading material and a list of all times and their activation requirements.
- List of Artificing Runes: All the different types of runes, what activates them and how to make them.
- Artificing Theory: All the technical details on how tileset activation works, and tips for making efficient tilesets.
Good luck!!! We hope to be including your set in our suggested tilesets some day. :)